Senior Backend Software Engineer
When was the last time you heard anyone talk about menopause? Probably never. Most young adults don’t really know what it is. The taboo around menopause has left it neglected by innovators and engineers for far too long. We founded Amira to change that reality. Amira is on a mission to reimagine this stage of women’s lives with a new, data-driven approach, leveraging precision bio-monitoring, AI-enabled health recommendations, and preventive care solutions.
We’re starting with revolutionizing the way menopausal women sleep. We have invented the first wearable that predicts hot flashes and preemptively actuates a cooling mattress pad to provide relief and keep women asleep. We are currently ramping up for manufacturing and will be shipping our product to women’s homes in Q2 of 2024. Amira is a close-knit team of MIT engineers, Harvard PhDs, ex-nuclear fusion engineers, and Google X data scientists. We’ve just raised our first round of funding and are looking to add bright motivated minds to our team.
Curious to learn more? Join Amira’s trailblazing team at the forefront of merging cutting-edge technology with compassionate healthcare and become a driving force in reimagining menopause. Applying your technical talents to reinventing menopausal healthcare may become the most impactful thing you do to unlock human potential.
We have a full-stack that spans from sensor hardware and low-level firmware all the way up to a mobile app, a cloud server, and machine learning. We're looking for someone to work with us to build the cloud infrastructure and functionality needed to move from small-scale prototype-level tests into production. If you have expertise in developing back-end software for server deployment, and want to solve challenging problems on a small, passionate, engineering-focused team, we'd love to hear from you.
- Maintain our auth and algorithm services, and create features to:
- Help streamline data transfer across the system.
- Provide backend support for a seamless and thorough user experience while adding new features.
- Develop API server infrastructure.
- Extend our software testing architecture.
- Drive the development of our software strategy and help build an effective and collaborative team.
- Tackle challenging problems related to concurrency and security-focused development.
- Act as a sounding board for new ideas and initiatives as well as help solve big, critical problems with long-term implications.
- Take ownership of a mixture of big and small, short and long-term tasks and strategic projects including running special projects that are urgent and important.
- A skilled programmer with experience in Python, Rust, SQL, gRPC, XMLRPC, and Tensorflow (interfacing).
- A natural communicator. You communicate concisely and clearly and keep cool under pressure. You’re a good collaborator and team player. You work well with all levels of internal teams and external with high professionalism.
- Talented, versatile, and loyal. You will serve as a technical advisor and confidant to the CTO.
- Organized and energetic. You are meticulously organized and tech-savvy, you are reliable and accountable, and driven to get things done.
- Intellectually curious, motivated and optimistic.
- A college degree and ample work experience.
- Superhero-like abilities to get things done and the ability to learn on your own.
- A natural attention to detail. Burning desire to have a positive impact on society.
- Be at the forefront of advancing menopause healthcare technology and contribute to groundbreaking innovations for women's well-being.
- Embrace a dynamic team culture, fascinating work, and a stimulating office environment.
- Engage with a variety of other leading, innovative companies in the healthcare industry.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage.
- Fertility HRA (up to $5,000 per year).
- Flexible PTO.
- All meals and drinks consumed at the office are covered.
- Health & wellness stipend.
- Therapy stipend.